https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1igyjtz4a86v1f/running%20record.jpg?dl=0
My scanner is not working so I took a picture with my cell phone, I hope that is okay and it is visible!
Assignment #2
The student did a very good job at reading the given
text. The accuracy rate was 97% which is
very high, the error rate was 33 and the self-correction rate was 2 meaning 1
out of 2 words was read correctly. There
were only two words for which the student needed assistance in sounding out a
word. In a couple cases the student was
able to sound out the word independently.
There were quite a few pauses in the reading and a couple spots where
the student got lost in the text.
The student was able to recount what occurred in the story
but mostly in the exact words from the text.
Some details were called such as how both whales and fishes have fins
and flippers as well as some differences between whales and fish. The descriptions were not very detailed and
it seems there was adequate understanding of the text but limited. As I was listening to the recording I thought
to myself does the student understand the text or is it more of a reading
without extracting meaning. The student
was however able to recall details from the text.
I also had similar conclusion to yours. Overall, I think the student was an average readers and recalled the main parts of the passage. In some instances, the student seemed unsure of where she was reading. She managed to correct herself a few times which shows her attention to detail.
ReplyDelete